We would like to show you an example of how one of our many clients saves hundreds of dollars off clearance fees a month.
- Company Name: Hardline Overhead Doors
- Location: Calgary AB
- Type of business: Retail and wholesale garage doors, parts and motors.
- Average number of shipments per month from the U.S.: 8
- Average value of shipment: $ 700
- Previous Customs Broker previous fees: Brokerage fee, line fee, CFIA fee, COD fee
- Previous Customs Broker total average clearance cost per shipment: $ 75.00 (Includes brokerage fee, line fee, CFIA fee, COD fee)
- Total monthly clearance costs with previous customs broker: $ 600 (Based on an average of 8 shipments per month)
Bay City Brokers
- Bay City Brokers Customs Brokerage Fee: Flat brokerage fee NO additional fees.
- Bay City Brokers total average clearance cost per shipment: $ 25.00
- Total monthly clearance costs with Bay City Brokers: $ 200 (Based on an average of 8 shipments per month)
Average monthly savings off clearance fees in comparison to previous customs broker (brokerage fee, line fees etc) : $ 400
Importing various garage door parts from the U.S., Gene has found our services to be of great value. Gene at Hardline Overhead Doors was paying roughly $ 75.00 for a shipment of parts and motors valued at $ 600.00. Paying that much for customs brokerage fees on a low value shipment made Gene search for a better option. Through a reference Gene came across our customs brokerage services and is now paying a third of what he used to pay in customs brokerage fees. Gene is no longer reluctant to order important parts from his various U.S. suppliers and is happily saving roughly $ 400 a month off clearance fees.